First - Watch the short video featuring Terry Kennedy.
Next - Discuss and Answer these questions:
1. Why was Terry so confused by the diversity of people involved in skating? How did being with a diverse group impact him? Do you prefer to be with people like you or people unlike you? Explain.
2. How did going to the skate park every day help Terry?
3. How do you think experiencing the pain that his mom went through affected his decision to not engage with drugs and alcohol?
4. Terry says that when he's skating he's representing his skate friends and that if he were to take drugs, that would reflect on them. In essence, part of what keeps him off drugs is his dedication to his friends. Are there people in your life that you represent? Who re they? How do your actions reflect on them? Does this impact your decisions?
Terry offers three pieces of advice:
+ Surround yourself with positive people.
+ Be comfortable with yourself.
+ Have fun.
5. Do you surround yourself with positive people? How can you make an effort to do this more?
6. Are you comfortable with yourself? What is one step you can take to be more comfortable with yourself?
7. What is fun for you? Does something you do that is fun provide what you would call a natural high for you?
We would love to have your thoughts on all of these questions. If you would like to share your answers, please send them to me at: Board@vow-foundation.org with "Natural High #2" in the subject line.
Want to share your natural high with Terry Kennedy? Tweet him @terrykennedysf with #LiveNaturallyHigh. He might tweet back!
This Natural High Lesson was copied from Naturalhigh.org